31 October 2008

Bike xing!

Having retrieved my long neglected pedal pusher out of erstwhile storage, I took it for trial spins around downtown this evening and it works like old times.

So now my non-motorized roving range has been vastly expanded! The bicycle as a mode of transport is vastly more efficient for moving around than walking, and more enjoyable.

One thing I will have to get used to is the varied topography. The Stick has elevation and hill slopes - mild by even Southern standards, but tough on the old leg muscles. In parts further south where I am used to traveling, the only topography is levees and canals.

Also the old two wheeler will permit me to penetrate the forbidden ghetto areas on the opposite side of the freeway. Urban prairie abounds over there.

This week-end, the levee path to LSU beckons!

No comments: